Planning on self-promoting you app? Need ideas? Need advice? Here is a useful list of links; some guides, some videos, some free, some paid, all useful….
In no particular order. I will very probably add to this list in the future so bookmark this page.
Advice & Guides
- ideatoappster.com – 20 Ways to Promote Your App for Free
- SendGrid.com – Keep Email Out of the Spam Folder
- indiegamegirl.com/konsoll-2013 – Indie Game Marketing
- reddit.com – a discussion
- pixelprospector.com – the marketing guide for game developers
- udemy.com/appmarketing101/ – A whole course! “The Indie Dev’s Guide to Promoting Apps and Making Money”
- medium.com – The Indie Devs Crash Course Guide to Mobile App PR
Self Promotion Websites To Show Your Game
- Unity Showcase (if your game was developed Unity).
- Cocos2D-x Showcase (if your game was developed using Cocos2d-x).
- Facebook Pages:
Indie Community Specific:
- https://twitter.com/ScreenshotSat (Tweet your screenshot, on Saturday, with hashtag #screenshotsaturday). More info and instructions: http://screenshotsaturday.com
- Reddit Indiegames