If like me you have a full PC keyboard with Home and End keys plugged into your Mac, you know it is kind of annoying that by default they move you to the beginning and end of the document (kinda useless in my opintion); To make these keys move the cursor to the beginning and end of the lines I recommend the free utility DoubleCommand which has recently had an update after many years of no changes (it just worked, updated to support OS X 10.9 Mavericks).
- Download DoubleCommand from here (download button is top-left corner).
- Install DowbleCommand.
- Open your System Preferences and open the new DoubleCommand utility (at the bottom).
- Tick the “PC style home and end keys”.
- Click the “Activate” button.
- Also Click one of the save buttons, you can save these settings to the “System” (every user) or just “User” (just you).
Note there are also lots of other options that might interest you. Another tip, there is an option to swap the Command and Control keys so that work better on a full PC keyboard (move them to Control and Alt), personally I find it better to set this in the OS X’s own setttings found in the Control Pannel’s “Keyboard” settings, in there click “Modifier Keys”.